So, just like I just posted about, we’re getting an archie comic for Sonic Boom!
Here comes the BOOM! Get in on the ground floor with the ALL-NEW ONGOING SONIC COMIC BOOK SERIES from Archie Comics based on the new hit TV series and video game: Sonic Boom! This ground-breaking new chapter in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise puts a new “spin” on all your favorite heroes and villains—plus new faces and hilarious new stories chock-full of action—and it’s all brought to you by the folks that bring the hit series Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Universe to you each and every month! Subscribe today and own a piece of Sonic comic history!
Have a summary of what to expect from Sonic Stadium!
- The stories in the comic will be stand alone adventures, separate from the cartoon and video games presumably. Despite this, they will be building up to some awesome stuff happening later on.
- Ian Flynn will be handling writing, as he does for Archie’s Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Universe, while the art will be done by veteran artist Evan Stanley.
- The first arc will focus on setting the tone for the series and the character relationships between the main cast…and a recurring killer robot.
- It’s too early to comment on Metal Sonic appearing, and others are up to SEGA, but we’ve been promised plenty of surprises down the line for developing the game characters and mythology.
- The series is a more casual read which is more focused on comedy and adventure than the main comic’s focus on action-adventure drama. Plenty of pick-up value.
- Sonic and Tails are pretty unchanged from their main series selves bar their designs, Knuckles is goofier but still has the friendly rivalry that has defined the dynamic between him and Sonic, Amy is the sensible one of the group. at least for the most part.
- Stick’s personality makes a great addition to the existing cast, according to Kaminski.
- There’s plenty of Eggman to look forward to.
- Issue 1 will come with four variants that are styled quite similarly to how the Countdown to Chaos main covers were done!
IGN reveals the new SONIC BOOM series based on the video game titles, revealing the interlocking variant covers and talks with Editor Paul Kaminsky! http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/archie-to-release-sonic-boom-comic-book-series?abthid=53c6a1bcbb04cfeb2800000c
Archie, you spelled Paul Kaminski’s name wrong.
Check it out, guys! We’re getting a comic series!!
Quick doodle along with a progress like thing. XD
Inspired aimf0324’s picture here! LINK
Honestly, we’ve seen enough of the cutscenes/TV show to see it in action ourselves!
But I think the character interactions will be very juicy with the variations we’re going to see. Like how Sonic was rather full of himself and wanted to take credit for what he did and ignored the others’ contributions when he was struggling to shake them off and stay a loner, yet we’ve already seen him embrace the ideas of teammates in the prequel game, and the full development leading him to be protective of Tails in the TV trailers.
In a nutshell, I think these character interactions’ll show the characters’ situation and development well and I’m really looking forward to it!
(Just saying, right now the character interaction is the only saving grace for the game for me right now. Not saying it’s bad, it’s just not my thing.)
a style I wanted to try (and failed) from another artist. it’s called omit style :)